Win a $500 Cash Prize + $6,000 Scholarship to Attend DC Internship Program
For the last 15 years TFAS has helped young journalists kick start their career through our annual Excellence in Collegiate Journalism Award. The award recognizes collegiate reporters whose work demonstrates accuracy, initiative, originality, and superior writing. Many recipients of this prestigious award are now some of the most accomplished reporters in the country. They include:
- Jeremy Diamond – White House Correspondent for CNN
- Joy Crane – Reporter for New York Magazine
- Polina Marinova – Editor a Fortune Magazine
- Ben Schreckinger – National Political Correspondent at POLITICO
- Tom Corrigan – Financial Reporter for The Wall Street Journal
- Robert Faturechi – Money in Politics Reporter for ProPublica
Have you written an article for your school newspaper or magazine that you know is exceptional and demonstrates all the elements of good solid journalism? If so, then please consider submitting an entry for our 2020 Excellence in Collegiate Journalism Award.
The TFAS Collegiate Journalism Award recognizes excellence in collegiate reporting. Judges will recognize students who show initiative and original reporting, along with superior writing skills. In addition, a quality piece will also demonstrate a skill for accuracy in reporting as well as good use of sources. Special consideration will be given to entries that include video, audio, graphics, and other multi-media elements.
1. Reporters may submit one story for consideration.
2. Entries must submitted by March 10, 2020.
3. Entrants must be undergraduate students, currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States.
4. Entries must have been published in a college or university newspaper/publication or in an online version. Work published for an internship or for a class assignment is not acceptable.
5. Entries should be news stories. Commentary or editorials are not eligible.
6. Entries must have been written between April 1, 2019 and March 1, 2020.
Questions? Please contact Journalism + Communications Program Director Joe Starrs at email@example.com or 202-986-0384.