The full scholarships to participate in The Fund for American Studies D.C. Academic Internship Program are available through the generous support of The Netherland-America Foundation. Scholarship funding includes housing and tuition.
Program Dates: June 6 – July 31, 2020
Netherland-America Foundation seeks to further strengthen the bonds between The Netherlands and The United States through exchange in the arts, sciences, education, business and public affairs. The NAF has partnered with TFAS for almost a decade to provide experiential education opportunities to Dutch university students in Washington, DC .
Eligibility + Deadlines
Interested citizens of the Netherlands and the Dutch Caribbean Islands must be 18 years old and have completed one year of university level coursework. Candidates must complete an application by Tuesday, January 21.
Recipients will receive a full tuition and housing scholarship to participate in the Summer 2020 Academic Internship Program.
Program Components Include:
- An internship placement in with an international NGO, policy group, think tank, media outlet or business.
- Coursework in economics and government worth 6 credits from George Mason University and designed to complement your real-word experience.
- Guest lectures featuring prominent policy and economics experts.
- Networking through career-focused panels and small group discussions led by professionals working in a variety of fields and industries.
|Applicable Program Tracks|
|Public Policy + Economics|
|Journalism + Communications|
|Business + Government Relations|
The NAF Scholarship Includes:
- 6 credits from George Mason University
- Furnished housing in the District House residence hall on the campus of George Washington University.
Students are responsible for travel to the United States, health insurance and living expenses in Washington, D.C.
“The TFAS program is intense but will give you the ultimate D.C. experience. I was amazed by all the opportunities that TFAS – and the city D.C. more generally – gave me! I attended interesting (Hill) briefings, learned a lot at my internship, had great floormates, and met many inspiring people. 9 months ago, I didn’t dream about interning in the US. But thanks to the NAF scholarship and the TFAS program, I had an unforgettable summer and developed on both a personal and professional level!”Roos Middelkoop, KU Leuven
Intern, Family Online Safety Institute
Questions about the scholarship program may be directed NAF Washington, DC Chapter Chairman Stan Veuger at email@example.com
Please contact Melissa Grannetino at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions realted to the application. For more information regarding International applicants and to begin an application, visit our Admissions page.