The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) is committed to providing engaging programs while maintaining the safety of our students, faculty, internship sites and staff. TFAS is offering in-person programs that will include a combination of virtual and in-person activities as conditions allow.
TFAS is currently and will continue to follow all local jurisdictions’ public health guidance on mask-wearing, social distancing and in-person gathering restrictions. TFAS will also follow all guidelines provided by our academic and housing partners as outlined below.
George Mason University
In-person class meetings and lectures will be held at Mason Square, the Arlington, VA campus of our academic partner George Mason University (GMU). TFAS will follow all guidelines outlined in George Mason University’s Safe Return to Campus. GMU’s safety strategies include:
- Vaccinations + Boosters: Strongly encouraged for all students and faculty.
- Face Coverings: Masks are optional on campus with some exceptions such as healthcare settings and certain venues.
- Surveillance Testing: Unvaccinated students are required to participate in routine testing. Unvaccinated students will receive an invitation to test, but it is optional.
George Washington University – Student Housing
Many students will be living in residence halls owned and operated by our housing partner George Washington University (GWU). TFAS is adhering to all guidelines outlined in George Washington University’s Public Health Protocols. GWU’s safety strategies include:
- Vaccinations + Boosters: Individuals are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot against COVID-19 unless they receive an approved medical exemption.
- Face Coverings: Masks are not required to be worn in residence hall rooms but are currently required in public buildings.
- Surveillance Testing: Vaccinated students are required to complete a GW-provided COVID-19 PCR test every two weeks. Unvaccinated students with approved exemptions are required to complete a GW-provided COVID-19 PCR test every week.
- Room Configuration + Density: Students will have their own private bedroom. Students will not share a bathroom with more than one other person.
Updated on April 14, 2022. Protocols may change as public health guidance evolves.