Leadership Scholars Program
Through its Leadership Scholarship Program, The Fund for American Studies is pleased to provide at least 25 full scholarships to aid students in participating in summer institutes focusing the following subject areas:
- Public Policy + Economics
- International Affairs
- Journalism + Communication
- Business + Government Affairs
- Community Leadership + Service
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) seeks to develop future leaders within the fields of public policy, international affairs, business, journalism and the nonprofit sector. TFAS does this through programs that include an internship placement, academic coursework at George Mason University, a guest lectures series, site briefings as well as professional development and networking events.
Tuition + Housing
The $8,695 scholarship will cover tuition and housing costs for the summer institute, including:
- Enrollment in 6 academic credits.
- Housing during the program in the Affinity Units within the District House dormitory on the campus of George Washington University.
- Special events, site briefings and professional development sessions.
These full scholarships will be awarded to 25 top students from around the country.
Applicants must have:
- Completed at least one year of collegiate level education in the U.S. before the start of the program.
- A GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Active involvement on their campus and/or community.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and civic engagement.
- Interest in further exploring the study of economics and public policy.
A specific portion of this scholarship fund has been designated for students attending institutions of higher education in the state of Georgia or those who claim Georgia as their permanent state of residence. Residency and school information should be included in submitted application materials.
Application Deadline + Admissions Process
Applicants for the Leadership Scholars Program and accompanying full scholarships should submit their complete application by Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Applicants should complete the online application available at www.DCinternships.org. In addition to following all of the normal application procedures, Leadership Scholars Program applicants should complete the supplemental form available by clicking here.
Applicants not selected for one of the full scholarships will automatically be considered for one of the partial scholarship awards available through our general scholarship fund.
Questions about the Leadership Scholars Program may be directed to Mallie Woodfin, Recruitment and Admissions Manager, at mwoodfin@TFAS.org or 202.986.0384.