Journalism & Communications
INSTITUTE ON POLITICAL JOURNALISM COLLEGIATE AWARD
The Institute on Political Journalism Collegiate Award recognizes excellence in collegiate reporting. Judges will recognize students who show initiative and original reporting, along with superior writing skills. In addition, a quality piece will also demonstrate a skill for accuracy in reporting as well as good use of sources.
The presentation of the awards will take place at a luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. in June 2018.
1st Place: $2,500 cash prize + $5,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2018 IPJ program.
2nd Place: $500 cash prize + $4,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2018 IPJ program.
3rd Place: $100 cash prize + $3,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2018 IPJ program.
1. Reporters may submit up to three stories for consideration.
2. Entries must submitted by January 5, 2018. Please click here to submit entries.
3. Entrants must be undergraduate students, currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States.
4. Entries must have been published in a college or university newspaper/publication or in an online version. Work published for an internship or for a class assignment is not acceptable.
5. Entries should be news stories. Commentary or editorials are not eligible.
6. Entries must have been written between April 1, 2017 and January 5, 2018.
Please click here to submit entries.
The award is sponsored by Institute on Political Journalism (IPJ), an educational program sponsored by The Fund for American Studies.
For more information, please contact IPJ Director Joe Starrs at email@example.com or 202-986-0384.