Journalism & Communications
INSTITUTE ON POLITICAL JOURNALISM COLLEGIATE AWARD
The Institute on Political Journalism Collegiate Award recognizes excellence in collegiate reporting. Judges will recognize students who show initiative and original reporting, along with superior writing skills. In addition, a quality piece will also demonstrate a skill for accuracy in reporting as well as good use of sources.
The presentation of the awards, including a cash prize of $2,500 for first place and $500 for second place will take place at a luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. in June 2018.
1. Reporters may submit up to three stories for consideration.
2. Entries must be *postmarked by January 5, 2018 Please send 4 copies of each entry.
3. Students who do not wish to mail their entries may submit online link of their entries. Online entries should be emailed to Joe Starrs at email@example.com.
4. Entrants must be undergraduate students, currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States.
5. Entries must have been published in a college or university newspaper/publication or in an online version. Work published for an internship or for a class assignment is not acceptable.
6. Entries should be news stories. Commentary or editorials are not eligible.
7. Entries must have been written between April 1, 2017 and January 5, 2018.
8. Enclose a cover letter with entrants' contact information and contact information for student responsible for work, if not the same.
The award is sponsored by Institute on Political Journalism (IPJ), an educational program sponsored by The Fund for American Studies.
Submit application materials to:
Institute on Political Journalism Collegiate Awards Committee
1621 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
For more information, please contact IPJ Director Joe Starrs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-986-0384.