Journalism & Communications
The Fund for American Studies Collegiate Journalism Award
The Fund for American Studies Collegiate Journalism Award recognizes excellence in collegiate reporting. Judges will recognize students who show initiative and original reporting, along with superior writing skills. In addition, a quality piece will also demonstrate a skill for accuracy in reporting as well as good use of sources. Special consideration will be given to entries that include video, audio, graphics, and other multi-media elements.
The presentation of the awards will take place at a luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. in June 2019.
1st Place: $2,500 cash prize + $5,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2019 DC internship program.
2nd Place: $500 cash prize + $4,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2019 DC internship program.
3rd Place: $100 cash prize + $3,000 scholarship to attend the summer 2019 DC internship program.
1. Reporters may submit up to three stories for consideration.
2. Entries must submitted by January 25, 2019. Please click here to submit entries.
3. Entrants must be undergraduate students, currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States.
4. Entries must have been published in a college or university newspaper/publication or in an online version. Work published for an internship or for a class assignment is not acceptable.
5. Entries should be news stories. Commentary or editorials are not eligible.
6. Entries must have been written between April 1, 2018 and January 25, 2019.
Please click here to submit entries.
The award is sponsored by The Fund for American Studies. TFAS sponsors academic internship programs in Washington, DC for undergraduate students from all over the U.S. and abroad.
For more information, please contact Journalism and Communications Program Director Joe Starrs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-986-0384.